Friday, September 11, 2015

i was just at my new school's freshmen camping trip for the last 3 days (2 nights). and, well, there was no service there! anywhere! what a nightmare.

but being in the woods was very peaceful. i really love forests, i love them much more than the beach, because i feel like they are so much more serene, and you can feel alone yet surrounded by living creatures at the same time. so it was night to spend a lot of my time outside, and being able to hear the sounds of nature- crickets, owls- at night, as opposed to sounds of cars, airplanes, and people talking. so that was good.

however, the food here was unfortunately terrible. and even worse for people who ate meat. the first dinner we had some sort of horrible steak. the vegetarian option was fake meat, which i decided not to eat. I might try it another time, but I had already lost my appetite enough that day. 

next day's lunch was fried fish. a bunch of people who ate it got sick, so I'm glad I stuck with the sweet potato fries. other than the food, though, I had a pretty great time. 

keep recycling,
yasemin

No comments:

Post a Comment